30 Day Challenge: Evening Routine

This month’s 30 Day Challenge is creating a better evening routine. I am going to focus on creating a more relaxing routine after work/dinner/networking events/blogging/freelance writing. I think it will be helpful to slow down and have a bedtime routine.

30 Day Challenge: Creating an Evening Routine

Here’s what I’m going to do:

Set an Alarm: I am really good at procrastinating going to sleep. And, oddly enough, excellent at procrastinating waking up… I’m going to set an alarm to start my evening routine at 10 so I can turn off the lights and fall asleep by 10:30.

Read Before Bed: I used to read before bed because it helps me fall asleep. I’m going to start reading before bed.

Write in a Journal: I want to start keeping a journal again, even if I just write a few paragraphs.

Avoid Technology: I’m guilty of checking my email and social media on my phone right before hopping into bed, but I’m going to stop. I’ll just use my phone to set my alarm for the next day.

Prep for Tomorrow: If I pack lunch and my gym bag (work clothes etc.) the night before, getting ready in the morning will be faster.

What are your favorite parts of your evening routine? I’d love your tips!

Image via Lilly Bun Interiors.

31 Responses to 30 Day Challenge: Evening Routine

1. I really need to work on my evening routine, too! I’m guilty of checking my tech up until I go to sleep, and even worse, if I can’t fall asleep I’m scrolling through Instagram and emails. I need to get an alarm clock so that my phone isn’t so tempting sitting right next to me. Can’t wait to work on this challenge this month!

2. I love reading before bed but I definitely struggle always being able to do it. Either work emails take over all my night or I am too tired by the time I get into bed to crack open a book. I’m hoping I will be able to get in a lot more reading during the holidays!

Amanda

Reading before bed is my favorite.
    I will usually read in the living room and then head to the bedroom when I am on the verge of passing out so I don’t wake my sleeping fiancé in the bedroom with a light on trying to read.

4. Kayleigh says:

My friend has been doing the alarm thing and she loves it! Great tips!

5. Lindsay says:

This is brilliant! I love my nightly beauty routine. Wash my makeup off, put some eye cream on, etc. It really settles me down and ready for bed. I think this 30 day challenge would be so fun to do!

XoLindsay
    Sugar & Something

Reading for bed is totally relaxing and really helps me turn off anxiety of the day.

7. Grace says:

I absolutely love reading before I go to bed and I turn my phone on airplane mode and put it far away from me so I won’t stay up looking at all of my social media feeds! I think your routine is a great one to follow and will surely make for a more relaxing evening.

Jadoregrace

Ooo! Love the idea of setting an alarm for bedtime. I’ve never thought of doing that before but I think that’s perfect! Can’t wait to hear how it goes!

9. Merisa says:

Love the idea of setting an alarm to start your evening routine. Most nights I just keep going until I’m tired then look up and it’s past midnight. Not good. I’m also working on relaxing by reading before bed too. Hope your challenge goes well! xx Merisa | Monogrammed Magnolias

10. This is a great challenge! I too am working on perfecting my evening routine- it’s been all about trial and error for me. Best of luck!

11. lindsey says:

Oh my gosh! This is such a great idea! I’m working on something similar, but for mornings!
    With southern grace,
    Lindsey

12. Nicole says:

I’m interested to see how you do with this because I always want to get into a night routine. It’s so important to slow down @ night, but it’s near impossible for me. x Nicole | http://www.changeanddress.com

My boyfriend makes fun of my “go to bed” alarm, but it totally makes a difference!

Okay, I am going to set an alarm for bedtime and start reading before bed to help me get to sleep faster, too! I also really struggle with getting to bed on time, and that 5:15 am wake up call is so tough!

I love the idea of journaling before you go to bed… it helps you remember your thoughts and write everything out. I might start that!

16. I’m a big fan of journaling and reading before bed! These two definitely help me relax 🙂

xoxo, SS

The Southern Stylista

17. Nicole says:

I’m trying to create a more solid and smooth routine so this really jumpstart that for me! I need to buckle down haha

Nicole // Chronicling Home

18. Ally Gagliardo says:

I’m working on perfecting mine also! I love to read and journal before bed. I also like to take the time to fill out my planner before I go to bed so I know exactly what I have to do.

19. These are all things that I need to do! I miss reading before bed. I used to do it often, but now, I just look at social media. It’s such a horrid habit.

20. Darcie says:

I like these tips… I’ve heard of a few… guess I thought there would be 30. Perhaps I didn’t quite understand the title of the article…

21. Kate LaMark says:

Putting the phone down before bed is the best way to get to sleep easier! I remember how relaxing it is to read before bed and I need to get back into the habit.