The February 2016 Checklist

I can’t believe it’s February. Last month went by so quickly. I accomplished quite a few things from my January 2016 checklist: I volunteered at the JCC for MLK Day, tried three new workouts (rock climbingdetox yoga class, and a Physique 57 workshop), started a journal, blogged five days a week, ate “clean,” saw a few shows (Spring Awakening and Noises Off), and read more than two books (All The Light We Cannot See, The Wild One, She Makes it Work and Luckiest Girl Alive). Luckily, I decided that I get “rollover goals” so I still have time to accomplish some of the goals from last month.

stripesandpeoniesThe February 2015 Checklist:

1. Take a Digital Detox: I’m going to choose one day to take a digital detox. I’ll unplug for 24 hours.
  2. Read Two Books: I’m going to take recommendations from two friends, Jackie and Jess. Jackie recommended The Kind Worth Killing and Jess recommended You Are a Badass.
  3. Clean My Childhood Room: Maybe I was inspired by “Sisters” with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler but I realized it’s time to clean my childhood room. I only live a few blocks away so there is no really no excuse. Time to donate clothes and stuff I don’t need.
  4. Use Unroll.me: If you haven’t hear of Unroll.me, you’re missing out. It’s the best way to unsubscribe from emails and get all the newsletters/sales/brand emails you want condensed into one email. I need to go through and organize the emails I get.
  5. Use Dropbox: I have way too many photos on my phone at any given time and I should be more diligent about backing up stuff on my computer.
  6. Write Two Fitness Reviews: I love trying and writing about fitness classes. (I hope you like reading them!) Stay tuned for some more reviews.
  7. Try Something New: I really like trying new things. I want to take a class, go to a show, or do something else new and fun.
  8. Celebrate Galentine’s Day: Hopefully I’ll get together for brunch, dinner, or some type of get together with friends either on Valentine’s Day or a few days before. Last year a few of us went to DryBar, got brunch, saw a movie, went to dinner, and went to a friend’s party for champagne.
  9. Focus on Self-Love: This month’s 30 Day Challenge is self-love!
  10. Try New Recipes: I’ll be partnering with Hello Fresh again this month. I can’t wait to try some new recipes and my mom’s tofu marbella.

What are some things you want to accomplish this month? I’d love inspiration for my next list.

Image via Small Town Prep.

26 Responses to The February 2016 Checklist

Good for you for doing a digital detox day! And Galentine’s is so fun, one of my besties and I did a Galentine’s dinner last year. 🙂

2. I love the concept of “rollover goals.” I definitely need to do a digital detox, too. And I want to check out unroll.me — it sounds like just what I need to eliminate some of the unnecessary emails cramming my inbox. Hope you have a great month!

3. These are awesome goals! I really think I need to do a digital detox as well…

4. Tawni says:

I love that you have monthly goals! These are so inspiring! I’d love to start following up on your new checklists and see what you have achieved. Maybe I will start making goals as well :’)

Thanks for sharing! I love this idea!

Tawni | http://www.tawnitamarra.com/

Doing a digital detox sounds like such a great idea!

Kayla || Keynotes from Kay

YES to focusing on self love. That is definitely on my goals this month! It’s a hard one though.

7. Molly says:

Oh my gosh you got so many things accomplished in January it sounds like, I’m so impressed! I love all your book recs and would LOVE to read fitness reviews! I can’t wait!!

8. Alexis Reliford says:

These are all great! You did so much last month, and I can’t wait to see what you check off this month!

9. Love the idea of “rollover goals” haha Dropbox is life changing by the way. Seriously, I had an account for years but just started utilizing it and it’s amazing. So handy to have all my blog photos and documents on hand whenever I need them. xx Merisa | Monogrammed Magnolias

10. Allyssa says:

A 24 hour digital detox sounds amazing. Even better – maybe a whole weekend?! One thing I would love to do this month is read a new book (I have a few on my desk).

Allyssa, Life with Lyss

11. Alex says:

Awesome checklist! I would love to do a digital detox!

12. Maya says:

I love the idea of having your resolutions roll over! I’ve been struggling with mine recently, so it’s so smart to have them in smaller, more manageable chunks 😉

13. Awesome checklist for the month! Best of luck with everything. 🙂

14. I have never heard of rollover goals either! What a great concept. A whole month of self love and a digital detox day sounds wonderful.

15. Rittz says:

Great Goals! I have been meaning to try Unroll.me, thank you for the input!

16. Oksana says:

Loving your ideas, but oh my, you are ambitious! That’s quite a list for the shortest month of the year! More power to ya, girlfriend! XO

Wow!! Cleaning your childhood room can be daunting! Good luck. Thanks for listing Unroll.me. I definitely need to try it.

18. Briana says:

Dropbox is saving my phone storage and it’s just perfect for being on the go and Unroll Me has SAVED my inbox! You’re going to love both 🙂

The Luckiest Girl Alive is probably one of my favorite books and it definitely wasn’t what I thought it was in the beginning.

I love your monthly goals posts and this was so inspirational — I need to get my butt moving 🙂

Briana