This month’s challenge is to keep a work journal. You can read my longer article about the benefits of keeping a work journal.
I’m going to write down the answers to the following questions in my work journal every day:
- What is one lesson (or lessons, if you have many!) that I learned today?
- Did anyone compliment or comment my work today? What did they say? (Bonus: This makes it easier to remember your accomplishments when you want to ask for a raise or promotion!)
- What is one big thing that I accomplished today?
- Did I do anything above and beyond my basic job description today?
- What is one way that I can go above and beyond tomorrow?
Who’s with me?