I like to write down my goals each month. It helps me remember then and stay accountable. Here are my goals this month!
- Start running again once my shin feels better.
- Complete BBG round one again.
- Go to bed by 11 pm most weeknights.
- Write at least 5 Forbes articles.
- Try two or three different salad recipes. (I want to read this book for salad recipes!)
- Pitch at least one new publication.
- Cook two new recipes.
- Read a book and write another 5 Good Books roundup. (I’m currently reading The Last to Let Go and really, really like it.)
- Use my planner and always keep a detailed handwritten to-do list.
- Publish Elana Lyn posts two or three times a week.
And here’s how I did in January:
- Use RunKeeper, run 2-4 times per week, and run a 10K on my own. (Nope. I got horrible shin splints after the Midnight Run and took a month of running because it hurt too much.)
- Start BBG again. (Nope. I took some time off from all workouts to let my shin heel then I did barre and yoga. I wanted to take it easy but now my leg is feeling a little better so hopefully, I’ll be back in action in no time!)
- Run the Midnight Run in Central Park on New Year’s Eve. (Yes!!!)
- Write at least 5 Forbes articles. (Yes!)
- Cook at least twice. (Have to start somewhere, right!) (Yes!)
- Pitch multiple publications. (Yes!)
- Start a journal and write at least once a week, even if it’s just short thoughts. (Yes!)
- Read a book and write another 5 Good Books roundup. (Yes! I read White Houses and The Glass Castle.)
- Use my planner and always keep a detailed handwritten to-do list. (Yes!)
- Publish Elana Lyn posts two or three times a week. (Yes!)