What’s in My Bag?

I’ve always loved reading magazines and blogs where people share what’s in their purse, gym bag, or makeup bag. You can get some great recommendations from learning about someone’s essentials. Kipling USA recently sent me three bags, a backpack, a small purse, and a large tote. The backpack is great for long bike rides, the small purse is great for the weekend, and the large tote is great for the workday. Here’s what’s in my bag:

What's in My Bag

A Book:

I have a long commute and like to read on the way home. I usually read business or personal development books, but I’ve been going to the library more recently. Now that I have a deadline, I’ve been reading library books on my commute. I just finished The After Party and really liked it! (I really want to read Rich and Pretty next, but I’m around 234th on the waiting list at the library so I’m reading How to Be a Grown-Up.)

An Umbrella:

You never know when it’s going to rain and I like to be prepared. I’ve had this bright pink umbrella for a few years now. It brightens a dreary day. I also love Kate Spade umbrellas Kate Spade umbrellasand “Duck” Umbrellas. This Kate Spade “Duck” Umbrella is the perfect combo of both. 😉

My Wallet:

I’ve had this simple, black Kate Spade wallet for years. This Kate Spade wallet is similar plus you can monogram it!

My Keys:

I have my keys plus some cards like my library card, a CVS card, and a Duane Reade card. I have two sentimental key chains: a needlepoint keychain that says GW and a Phi Beta Kappa keychain engraved with my induction date.

A Kate Spade Makeup Bag:

I use this as a “Emergency Essentials Kit” and it contains anything I might need. I’ll do another post on what’s inside but some things are: Band-aids, an extra hair tie, a Tide to Go Stain Remover, $20, chapstick, and my favorite aromatherapy oils. (My Kate Spade makeup bag is sold out, but this Kate Spade makeup bag is similar.)

A Notebook and a Pen:

I often jot down notes on the Notes app on my phone, but there are times when I want to actually write everything out. I can’t find my exact notebook, but this Kate Spade notebook is similar.

My Warby Parker Glasses:

I like to have my glasses nearby when I wear my contacts. If my eyes get irritated during the day, I can take out my lenses and put on my glasses. I have the Sims in Scarlett Magnolia.

That’s what’s in my bag! What’s in yours?

This post is in partnership with Kipling USA.

18 Responses to What’s in My Bag?

I read How To Be a Grown Up a few months ago, curious to hear your thoughts!

And of course I’m also on the waiting list for Rich and Pretty. Always love seeing what you’re reading since it seems like we have similar taste in books!

2. I love Kipling bags! I’ve had mine forever. My bag essentials are pretty similar. I have to have my Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick and a pair of sunnies with me at all times!

3. Anna says:

I keep very similar things in my bag! My allergies are crazy sometimes, so I always try to keep kleenex in my bag too!
    Anna | http://www.fivefootandfabulous.com

I almost always have lotion and lip balm with me. And snacks. I pretty much don’t got anywhere without snacks! (I’m a 5 year old at heart!)

I wish I could actually read on my commute. The T is way too crowded in the morning!

5. How to be a grown up sounds like a book I really need to read! lol

Great post!

6. Greta says:

I always keep a book in my bag as well! If I get somewhere early or have a second to myself I entertain myself by reading!
    Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

7. Alix Maza says:

Just added “After Party” to my wishlist on Amazon! The inside of your bag looks a lot like mine lol.

Alix | http://www.apintsizedlife.com

8. Stephanie says:

I have many of those same things in my bag! Especially an umbrella – here in southern Florida you never know when it’s going to start pouring!!

Stephanie | http://www.stephanietherese.com

What a fun post! I’m always so nosey of what other people carry in their bag.. hahah!
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

10. Courtney says:

I always love to see what people carry around! I personally have a ton of lipsticks and tic tacs.

La Belle Sirene

11. Cat says:

First of all, I am definitely looking at investing in a pair of Warby Parker sunglasses (I do know yours are glasses). They are so cute! Second, have any recommendations on where to find a cute umbrella? And third, love this post!

12. Rachel Timmerman says:

I always love these “What’s in my bag” posts! It’s so fun to see what everyone carries around with them. I’ve noticed that what I now carry around in my bag (and the size bag I carry around) is completely different from what I carried before I had my daughter. I feel like most of the stuff in my bag is for her.

13. such a fun post! I love your Kate Spade wallet!!! x, kenz http://sincerelykenz.com

14. Sammy Ann says:

Ib Profen! It’s an essential I keep on hand and it has saved quite a few co-workers. My current book is Outlander. They have a wonderful purse-friendly version that slides right in!

15. Love the Kate Spade details!