The May 2016 Checklist

Last month went by really quickly. I accomplished a lot from my April 2016 Checklist, but there are a few goals that I’m going to rollover into May. I went to Pure Barre often, read two books (What She Knew and The Nest), pitched and started writing for Women’s Health, went to multiple Six Degrees Society networking events, took a weekend getaway to New Jersey for Passover, did something outside of my comfort zone (announcing it later this week!), and blogged five days a week.

db5c83bd2d1acbea76bb71329f1d9680

Here’s what I want to do this month:

1. Complete my 15-Minute Morning Routine.
  2. Meet up with someone I meet at a networking event.
  3. Read two books.
  4. Stay in more on weekdays and cook.
  5. Go to a networking event.
  6. Take a few long bike rides.
  7. Write two fitness reviews.
  8. Make my room a no-tech zone.
  9. Pack lunch three times a week.
  10. Watch the sunrise in Central Park.

What do you want to accomplish this month?

Image via Macadameia.

20 Responses to The May 2016 Checklist

Taking bike rides is on my to do list too!! I have mine at my house and the weather has been perfect I just need to find time to actually do it!

2. This is inspiring! Thanks for sharing 🙂

3. Allie says:

This sounds like an awesome list of goals Elana! You always impress me with how much you can accomplish. This month I’m moving into my first place with my boyfriend so I’m hoping to make that transition as smooth as possible. I also want to continue with my fitness, I’ve also been attending barre classes!

I love that your goals are a combination of fun and productive. I try to do the same thing at the start of each month. Love that you plan on watching the sunrise in Central Park!

5. Shauni says:

Good Luck on your May Goals!!

This is a great checklist for the month! I would definitely add reading at least two books and going on a few bike rides to my list!

7. Spring is the best time for long bike rides. I wish I didn’t live at the top of a steep hill. Everywhere I bike means a long steep ride home.

8. Jennifer says:

Love your list! I too want to meet another blogger for coffee and want to begin a gym membership this month.

Jennifer Ashley

9. Tracy Schwartz says:

Thank you for sharing your goals. Love your list.

I want to stick to a routine. I want to write 2-3 restaurant reviews for places I’ve never been either on the Jersey Shore or in NYC. I want to get into more review writing of places. Part of my Hospitality Background comes from that. I also want to attend more NYC LadyProject events as a new member!

Just finished listening to your interview on Two Inboxes with Molly Beck Ford. I enjoyed learning more about you and how you stay motivated. My favorite quote was ” Done is better then Perfect”

Thank you so much for listening to it! I love your goals for the month!

10. Sami says:

Love that you share your goals on the blog – I think that it’s definitely a great way to keep yourself accountable. You have the entire World Wide Web looking to see if you’re accomplishing your tasks.

Once I graduate next week (eeeeek!), I’ll definitely be focusing on doing a similar post.

Thanks for the inspiration!

XO,
    Sami || sparkleandshinesami.com

11. Chronicling Home says:

I think sunrises are just the most spectacular things. It’s so magical and renewing. And sunrises in Central Park, even more gorgeous!

Nicole // Chronicling Home

Packing lunch three times a week — that’s a good one. I’m going to try it!

13. This is such a greta May bucket list. We have a lot of the same goals in terms of being healthier and networking. I hope you have an incredible month.

LiveLifeWell,
    Allison

14. Kayleigh says:

I love the idea of making your room tech free, so good to unplug sometimes!

15. Oksana says:

Hey, you’re always talking about reading – could you recommend two of your favorite business- or design-related books? I need some new (educational) reading material…

Yes! My two favorite career books are Lean In and I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This. I read I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This once a year!