Blog Better: The Best Instagram Hashtags for Bloggers

To grow your Instagram following and engagement, you need to use hashtags. We decided to do an experiment and posted the same photo twice, one with hashtags and one without. The post with hashtags got double the likes and we even got a few new followers. Here are our tips for how to choose Instagram hashtags.

The Best Instagram Hashtags for Bloggers

Use Trending Hashtags:

Instagram now has trending hashtags. If you see something trending, and it makes sense for your personal brand, join the conversation. And it doesn’t just have to be in the moment. You can predict trends by creating a content calendar in advance. Make note of national holidays, creative holidays (like National Cupcake Day) and pop culture events.

Find Your Tribe’s Hashtags:

Who’s in your tribe? Anyone you want to attract such as women you admire who have built the type of brand you’re cultivating. Use the hashtags that they and their followers use. Don’t know where to start?

Try these:

• Bright Feeds: #acolorstory #flashesofdelight #thehappynow
  • Photographers: #VSCOcam #vsco  #iphonography #risingtidesociety #fujifilm
  • Minimalist Feed: #whywhiteworks #whiteaddict #postitfortheaesthetic #thatsdarling #seekthesimplicity
  • Dreamy Feed: #thatsdarling #risingtidesociety
  • Entrepreneurs and Inspirational Posts: #inspiremyinstagram #girlboss #womeninbusiness #femaleentrepreneur

Use Related Hashtags:

The related section is your treasure trove for finding hashtags that are relevant to your post. You’ll discover a lot of relevant hashtags to your niche and expose your insta-photography skills to a whole new base of potential customers, clients, and readers.

Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 10.15.42 PM

Keep Your Caption Concise:

Instead of posting a long string of hashtags in your caption, post them as the first comment. You can still post up to 30 hashtags but your caption will be cleaner and easier to read.

Choose Your Own Hashtag:

Create a hashtag (or multiple hashtags) for your business or personal brand. You’ll be able to see all of your photos on a certain topic and you’ll encourage customers to share their purchases.

What are your tips for how to choose hashtags for Instagram?

Reese Evans the founder of Yes Supply Co. Image via The Everygirl.

19 Responses to Blog Better: The Best Instagram Hashtags for Bloggers

1. These are great tips! I need to start looking more at the related hashtags before I post. And I completely agree with you about putting your hashtags in the first comment, and not in the caption.

2. Lovely! I didn’t know some of these great #hashtags. Thanks for sharing xo!

Love this! I am trying to work on my IG game so this came at the right time.

4. Michaela says:

I’ll have to start using these! Thanks so much for sharing.

XOXO
    mQs

5. Alex says:

I love these hashtags! I utilize some of them, but not all. Need to check them out!

6. melrose elise says:

thank you so much for this!!!!

7. Sami Mast says:

I love the idea of creating your own hashtag! I keep trying to figure out a good one to use, but haven’t had any luck yet!

Sami

Great tips! Adding the perfect hashtags can make all the difference!

I definitely think it is helpful to look for your instagram “tribe”!

10. Tiffeny says:

Thanks for the tips! My IG definitely needs some cleaning up LoL

I love this! It took me a while to learn all of this, but now that I have I don’t know how I did it differently before! Such a useful post.

12. I never used to use hashtags but I have been lately. I really think they help get followers and likes.

13. I always love finding new hashtags to use! They’re such a great way to grow your Instagram. xx Merisa | Monogrammed Magnolias

Hashtags are seriously so important! They’re how i found my photographer in Austin and how I find different people to follow and interact with

I’ve never thought about using related hashtags as well, that’s awesome. Great tips!

16. Pingback: Blog Better: How to Create an Instagram Strategy

17. 1 says:

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do think that you need to write more on this issue, it might not be a taboo matter but typically people do
    not speak about these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!! http://bit.ly/2kI0HjP

18. m88th says:

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog
    loading? I’m trying to find out if its a problem
    on my end or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly
    appreciated.

I’m sorry, experiencing some major tech difficulties. My developers are on it now!