Cooking With Hello Fresh

I love cooking and trying new recipes, but I don’t do it nearly enough. I often end up making the same thing over and over, going out to eat with friends, or picking up dinner on the way home. But recently Hello Fresh sent me their Veggie Food Box. They also have the Classic Box for non-vegetarians and the Family Box. Instead of going out to dinner with friends, we cooked at one of our houses. It was fun to cook and enjoy dinner together.

Preppy Kitchen

What I Loved About Hello Fresh

The Recipes:

My box had Sweet Potato Pita Wraps with Golden Raisins and Shaved Vegetable SaladAlexis’ Tortilla Soup with Sweet Corn, Avocado, and Cheddar, and Veggie Lo Mein with Mushrooms, Green Beans, and Sweet Ginger-Soy Sauce. My friends and I loved all of the meals and I liked how different they were from one another. My favorite was definitely the lo mein.

Hello Fresh Review

The Convenience:

It’s so convenient to have all of the ingredients you need for the meals delivered to you. You also don’t have to worry about choosing a recipe and buying all of the ingredients. The Hello Fresh team handles that for you.

Hello Fresh Recipes

The Price:

It’s expensive to go out to dinner or pick up food to bring home. Grocery shopping in NYC is also very expensive especially if you were to buy all of the ingredients you’d need for a few different recipes. (Another reason I make the same boring thing over and over.)

The Hello Fresh box prices break down to $9.90 per meal for the Omnivore Box, $9.08 per mean for the Veggie Box, and $8.75 per meal for the Family Box. For the Omnivore Box and the Veggie Box, you can choose three, four, or five meals per week for two people or three meals per week for four people. For the Family Box you can get three meals per week for four people or two meals per week for four people. The prices range based on the number of meals you select.

Hello Fresh

The Experience:

It feels much more personal to eat dinner at home and cooking is a fun activity. I really liked doing Hello Fresh and would continue to do it in the future. I also love being able to try so many new recipes without having to go out and buy all of the different ingredients.

Have you tried Hello Fresh? What did you think?

Images from Hello Fresh and B Gallerie. A big thank you to Hello Fresh for sponsoring this post.

18 Responses to Cooking With Hello Fresh

1. This sounds like something I need in my life. I tend to make the same meals over and over again, too. Or, when I don’t feel like going grocery shopping, I go out to eat. Having these meals on hand to take the guesswork out of the dreaded “what’s for dinner” question would be amazing.

These all look so good!
    I may need to try these because for me the worst part about cooking is having to get all of the ingredients from the grocery store.

3. Bridget Rose says:

My sister-in-law did a similar program. She said it was helpful learning portions, too!

4. I have never heard of this but it sounds like a great concept! I am sure a lot of people would love to cook at home if they had everything they needed on hand.

These all look soo good! I’ve never heard of Hello Fresh before, but thanks for sharing this! It’s a pretty cool concept!
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

I have not tried Hello Fresh but I am getting my first Blue Apron box next week! Can’t wait to try!

7. ~ carmen ~ says:

Veggie lo mein with mushrooms sounds like a delectable dish. Yum. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

8. Allyssa says:

Grocery shopping is probably one of my least favorite chores, so something like this sounds amazing (the food looks really amazing, too!).

Allyssa, Life with Lyss

9. Kayleigh says:

These recipes look amazing! I’ve been on such a cooking fix lately I’ll have to try them out!

10. This sounds awesome! It’s a great way to try new recipes and these look really tasty.

LiveLifeWell,
    Allison

I think we had almost identical veggie boxes! I loved the tortilla soup + lo mein. If I can make it and not mess up… anyone can…

12. Amanda says:

If that is your kitchen, I am super jealous! I’m always cooking the same dishes, so I definitely need to expand my cooking, lol. These recipes look good.

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

What a cool concept! Love how you can bring friends together to enjoy cooking with this.

I’ve never heard of this before but I think it’s definitely something worth looking into! My boyfriend and I are trying not to eat out as much.

Kayla | kaylablogs.com

Kitchen goals! Also, I need this because I’m not really great at cooking on my own!

The pricing for Hello Fresh is super reasonable and this company seems great!

17. Pingback: The Monthly Edit: January 2016 - Elana Lyn

Oh I definitely want to try this. My mom wants to get me into cooking and this looks like a fun way!