- Volunteer for Martin Luther King Jr. Day: In college, my sorority would always volunteer for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I have off from work and want to find a volunteer opportunity this year.
- Take a Digital Detox: I’m going to choose one day to take a digital detox. I’ll unplug for 24 hours.
- Try a New Workout: I love writing fitness reviews and want to start writing at least two or three a month. I want to try a new workout this month.
- Cook Two Recipes From the 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook: One of my goals was to cook more this month. I’m going to try a few new recipes and will hopefully take good photos and post them!
- Keep a Journal: I have a 40 minute commute both ways. I read The Skimm, The New York Times, and the Buzzfeed News newsletter on the way to work, but I want to start journaling on the way home. I heard Leandra Medine from Manrepeller speak last month and she talked about how writing for herself has helped her with her writing. If I can get a seat, I’ll write on the way home.
- Blog Five Days a Week: I used to blog five days a week then I took a break and went to three. I’m going to try writing five posts a week this month.
- Eat “Clean”: My 30 Day Challenge for this month is to eat clean.
- Learn to Make my Mom’s Famous Tofu Marbella: One of my favorite memories from childhood is having family dinner every single night. My favorite meal is my mom’s famous tofu marbella (she makes chicken for everyone else). I want to cook it with her this month.
- See a Show: I saw a few shows recently and want to see another this month. I saw Spring Awakening on Broadway five times when I was in high school and college so I really want to see the Spring Awakening revival! (Seriously, I know every single lyric to every single song, even the latin parts!)
- Read Two Books: Right now I’m reading The Luckiest Girl Alive and next up is Funny Girl. My friend taught me how to download library books to my iPad and it is THE BEST. I’m saving so much money on books.
What are some things you want to accomplish this month? I’d love inspiration for my next list.
Image via Torey Beerman.