30 Day Challenge: Clean Eating

I recently started reading 100 Days of Real Food by Lisa Leake. The book inspired me to try a month of clean eating. And I was able to convince a friend to do it with me!

clean eating

You can eat:

-Fruits and vegetables
-Dairy products
-100% whole wheat and whole grains
-Seafood
-Locally raised meats
-Natural juices
-Coffee
-Tea
-Wine and beer
-All natural sweeteners

You can’t eat:
-Refined grains
-Refined sweeteners (like sugar, corn syrup, cane juice, or artificial sugars)
-Anything processed that has more than 5 ingredients on the label
-Fried foods

Here’s what I’m going to do:

Pack lunch: I’m good about packing a healthy lunch every single day, but I’m going to continue!

Pack snacks: Must. Resist. The. Goldfish. We have lots of snacks at work but I’m going to pack fruits and vegetables so I steer clear of the chips and other processed foods.

Cook dinner: I’m going to start inviting people over to eat or cooking dinner and making different get togethers with friends— like a gym class or walk in the park.

Bring a grocery list: Bringing a grocery list to the store will help me be more mindful of what I buy.

Do you have any tips for eating healthier?

Image via Daily Burn.

15 Responses to 30 Day Challenge: Clean Eating

1. This is a great challenge to start the year off! I’m definitely going to be modifying what I eat this year, and trying to eat less sugar and processed food. Bringing a grocery list is a great way to only buy what you need and avoid those “tempting” aisles. Good luck and happy New Year!

2. Shane says:

Sounds like a great plan entering the new year! The best of luck to you!

3. Brittany says:

This seems like a great program. I’m looking for a healthier lifestyle and I might just have to check this out!

Brittany | Southern Soul

4. Sara says:

Good luck with your clean eating challenge! I’ve done clean eating in the past and it can be really challenging, but the results can be great! I am hoping to find a manageable middle-ground for 2016!

These are all great tips!
    I’d love to try something like this — it doesn’t sound too restrictive so I think I could handle it.

6. Oh I really like the guidelines for what you can’t eat, it’s different from the other clean eating diets I’ve heard of. Seems doable! Good luck and can’t wait to see how do you and your thoughts after.

7. Cassie says:

Awesome way to start off healthy in the New Year! I definitely want to clean up my eating this year. I think I’m going to try to being a vegetarian to work on making meals with more vegetables.

Best of luck to you!

Cassie
    My Pop of Color

I’m really picky about my diet and I am considering trying this clean eating challenge. Thank you for sharing!
    Amy | pastlenpink.blogspot.com

9. Amanda Cross says:

Lots of luck with your clean eating challenge. I am definitely going to try to watch what I intake more this semester. Last semester I basically lived off of pre-prepped meals in bags (which is great costwise, I just don’t know what’s in them really) I just got a little George Foreman grill for Christmas so I am definitely thinking of different recipes I can make with it versus what I was eating last semester.

10. Judy Rosenblum says:

To understand and highlight the importance of “clean eating,” I highly recommend Michael Pollan’s program on PBS, In Defense of Food. Watch full episode here: http://www.pbs.org/show/in-defense-of-food/ Michael’s mantra: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” Here’s to a healthy new year!!

11. I did a similar challenge before last summer and actually miss clean eating so much. I’m in a eating-takeout-way-too-much rut right now so I definitely want to get back to that way of eating again. xx Merisa | Monogrammed Magnolias

12. Ashley Mason says:

Good luck with your challenge! I’ve always wanted to try a clean eating challenge, but I don’t have the time for it yet.

13. Alexis Reliford says:

This sounds like a great plan. One that I might need to try. Can’t wait to see how it goes!

Oh I would really love to do this! I want to challenge myself and really have a list of what I can and can’t eat and this looks great!

15. Pingback: The January 2016 Checklist - Elana Lyn