The September 2015 Checklist

Fall always feels like a time for new beginnings. As F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote in Great Gatsby, “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” Even though I’m no longer in school, the Jewish High Holidays always make me feel like I have a new start. Here are a few things I’m checking off my list this month!

bow-bridge1

1. Take photos of fall foliage: You know that I love long walks and bike rides in Central Park. I love taking photos at my favorite places like the Bow Bridge and the Conservatory Gardens. I bought a nice camera this year and am looking forward to getting high-quality shots!

2. Drink a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte: Sweaters, boots, leaves changing colors, the Pumpkin Spice Latte, and other signs of fall.  It’s back on September 8th, and I might have to break my “no buying coffee” rule for a day…

3. Celebrate Read a Book Day: Pick up a book for Read a Book Day (September 6th). Here are a few of our favorite books.

4. Take a class: We already discussed the importance of learning after college. I’m following up by taking a journalism class at NYU this semester. I can’t wait! Looking for a class near you? I recommend signing up for classes on General Assembly, CourseHorse, or Skillcrush.

bethesda-fountain-central-park1

5. Follow up on a goal: My goal is to be published in at least four publications this month. What’s yours? Write it down then do it.

6. Plan a weekend getaway: Pack your bags and take a weekend getaway with friends or family. I’m going on a biking and hiking trip over Labor Day Weekend!

7. Celebrate Amy Poehler’s birthday: I loved Amy Poehler’s book, Yes Please. Read (or re-read) her book, have a Parks and Recreation marathon, or watch Mean Girls or Saturday Night Live.

bow-bridge-central-park-fall1

8. Watch the Emmy’s: Grab some friends and host a party to watch the Emmys on September 20th! Don’t forget the popcorn: Make these gourmet popcorn recipes.

9. Try a new recipe: I love cooking, but I haven’t been doing it very much this summer. I’m looking forward to cooking more this month…and actually making some of the recipes I’ve been pinning.

10. Go to a networking event: The other day I was thinking about the fact that I’ve been fortunate to make so many friends an at networking events. So many people hate going to them, but there are so many personal and professional advantages. You may find a friend, a new job, or just someone interesting to talk to for a few minutes.

What’s on your checklist for the month?

All photos are from my Instagram.

19 Responses to The September 2015 Checklist

1. Ashley Mason says:

Love this list! Definitely bookmarking it to refer back to during this month!

2. Great list! I definitely plan on taking lots of photos of all the fall foliage, too. What kind of camera did you get? I’m looking to upgrade soon. I will be breaking my no Starbucks pledge as well once their pumpkin scone and latte arrive on the scene.

Oh my gosh, I wish that Texas looked like this during the fall time.
    So jealous.

4. Shane says:

What beautiful fall photos! The leaves don’t change colors in Sydney like I’m used to back home in the US!

5. Love this list! The Fall is hands down my favorite season! Sweater weather, leather boots and the crisp air! Ahhh I’m so excited! 🙂
    But once the time for coats rolls around, I’ll be buried under my duvet!

6. Courtney says:

Great list! I love Amy Poehler, definitely going to be celebrating her birthday as well!

Courtney//As We Stumble Along

Ah! I love this, fall is literally my favorite season! I’m planning on cooking a lot more too this weekend, and I can’t wait to try warm, seasonal recipes! Pumpkin spice lattes, more pretty please!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Ashley

I usually dread fall because it means the end of summer but this year I am so happy for the cooler weather, changing leaves and fall festivities. Your list of to-dos is great, I want to take a class this fall too!

Love this checklist! Fall is my absolute favorite season. <3

This is a great September checklist! As much as I love summer, I am looking forward to wearing cozy sweaters and scarfs and boots and of course, drinking a pumpkin spice latte!

11. Annie says:

I want to stay outside as much as possible this fall before it gets too cold!

Annie // Annie N Belle

These pictures are stunning! One of my goals is to pick pumpkins and actually carve it!

13. Samantha says:

I love how fall this list is. I also really love the idea of taking a class after college. I really miss having classes, I might look into those sites.

14. Beautiful fall photos!

Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante

15. Love this list! Fall is my favorite season too!

16. Nicole says:

PSL is a must and would be perfect to do with reading a book!

Nicole// Chronicling Home

17. These photos are seriously GORGEOUS. And I’d definitely say the PSL is worth breaking the rule for…at least just once!

Coming Up Roses

18. Melissa says:

Ahhh, I had almost forgotten that pumpkin spice will be back at Starbucks! I only started liking pumpkin-flavored things like, last year, so I’ll have to try the latte! I agree that fall feels like a new start every year. I should make a similar list of my own.

Melissa | These words are my own.