Fall always feels like a time for new beginnings. As F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote in Great Gatsby, “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” Even though I’m no longer in school, the Jewish High Holidays always make me feel like I have a new start. Here are a few things I’m checking off my list this month!
1. Take photos of fall foliage: You know that I love long walks and bike rides in Central Park. I love taking photos at my favorite places like the Bow Bridge and the Conservatory Gardens. I bought a nice camera this year and am looking forward to getting high-quality shots!
2. Drink a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte: Sweaters, boots, leaves changing colors, the Pumpkin Spice Latte, and other signs of fall. It’s back on September 8th, and I might have to break my “no buying coffee” rule for a day…
3. Celebrate Read a Book Day: Pick up a book for Read a Book Day (September 6th). Here are a few of our favorite books.
4. Take a class: We already discussed the importance of learning after college. I’m following up by taking a journalism class at NYU this semester. I can’t wait! Looking for a class near you? I recommend signing up for classes on General Assembly, CourseHorse, or Skillcrush.
5. Follow up on a goal: My goal is to be published in at least four publications this month. What’s yours? Write it down then do it.
6. Plan a weekend getaway: Pack your bags and take a weekend getaway with friends or family. I’m going on a biking and hiking trip over Labor Day Weekend!
7. Celebrate Amy Poehler’s birthday: I loved Amy Poehler’s book, Yes Please. Read (or re-read) her book, have a Parks and Recreation marathon, or watch Mean Girls or Saturday Night Live.
8. Watch the Emmy’s: Grab some friends and host a party to watch the Emmys on September 20th! Don’t forget the popcorn: Make these gourmet popcorn recipes.
10. Go to a networking event: The other day I was thinking about the fact that I’ve been fortunate to make so many friends an at networking events. So many people hate going to them, but there are so many personal and professional advantages. You may find a friend, a new job, or just someone interesting to talk to for a few minutes.
What’s on your checklist for the month?
All photos are from my Instagram.