The July 2015 Checklist

35044296_010_bImage

1. Cook with groceries from a farmer’s market. I like going to the Greenmarket Farmer’s Market in Union Square.

2. Watch a movie outside. I am going to go to see Footloose in Bryant Park with a friend. I can’t wait! There are movies in Bryant Park all summer long.

3. Take a cooking class. My friend Jackie and I are taking a cupcake baking class at one of my favorite NYC bakeries, Butter Lane.

4. Go to an outdoor gym class. I went to Yoga in Bryant Park last year and had a great time. There was something special about taking a class outdoors with so many people. I want to go back again this month.

5. Go to an event in your town. My friend and I are going to Manhattanhenge at The American Museum of Natural History. Manhattanhenge happens twice a year; it’s when the sunset lines perfectly with Manhattan’s grid.

6. Plan a weekend getaway. My mom, sister and I are going on a biking, kayaking, and camping trip. I can’t wait!

7. See a show. I want to go to Broadway in Bryant Park with colleagues during my lunch break. I used to go all the time when I was a paralegal and it was so much fun!

8. Go to an outdoor concert. My friend and I are seeing Colbie Caillat and Christina Perri perform in Hudson River Park! I can’t wait!

9. Read a book. I love Theresa’s recommendations!

10. Follow up on a goal. My goal for the month is to be published in at least 4 other publications.

What’s on your list? Follow up on my progress on Instagram!

21 Responses to The July 2015 Checklist

1. Arielle says:

What an epic list of activities! I’d love to do many of the above with you xx

2. I love this list! outdoor class sounds like so much fun! I love watching movies outside, my parents have an old white sheet and a projector that we’ve used for 10 years to watch movies outside on!

Have a great month!

3. Love this! I had such a great time at The Met last month. This month I want to visit MOMA.

4. Jess Zimlich says:

Yes to all of these!!

I love outdoor movies! My family has a giant blow up screen and project that we use for movies in the yard:) Also cooking classes?! Sign me up!

6. Ally Gagliardo says:

My family and I watch movies outside all the time! We have a projector screen that we use to project movies onto our garage! You’ll have a blast!

Ally |

Ooh all of these sound so fun and summery!
    I’d definitely love to do a gym class outside but it’d have to be fairly early in the morning because Texas gets hot as heck really quickly each day.

8. Danielle says:

These activities sound like so much fun. I need to try some of these next summer when I visit NYC.

xoxo, Danielle

9. This is a great list! I love outdoor fitness classes, and have always wanted to try a cooking class. I can’t wait to check more off the list too. Good luck with your progress!

10. Ashley Mason says:

I’ve been reading like crazy this summer, and I would love to follow up on a goal as well!

11. Elana, you are fabulous! Visiting your blog brings me so much happiness 🙂 You are just living the life!

Do you happen to have any posts about the best places to visit in NYC? My dad’s family is from New York, and I’ve been visiting my whole life. But I haven’t been to the city since high school, and I’m going up this winter with my boyfriend for a wedding.

XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

Thank you so much! I am working on a tab with lots of my favorite places but in the meantime I have some in my NYC Guide Category!

This list is fantastic!! Definitely all things I want to try and do this summer! Such a perfect way to pack some fun into the summer months. I really need to get camping on my agenda ASAP. A summer must!

Twenties Girl Style

I’m checking one thing off my list now, about to board a flight to NYC! Seeing an outside movie sounds like so much fun!

14. Macarena says:

Love this checklist! I’ve been dying to see an outdoor movie. They have a bunch here in Miami! I need to make my way out there. I’m also in desperate need of a cooking class haha.

xo // http://www.thematerialgirl.co

I absolutely, 100% need to take a cooking class and I can assure you that my mom and dad would completely agree with it. I’ve been wanting to but have no idea where to begin looking for one! I need to start because I can’t make sandwiches for the rest of my life! Happy Friday 🙂

16. Annie says:

This checklist just screams summertime! I haven’t been to a farmer’s market yet but they are hands down my favorite thing about summer! All that fresh fruit makes my mouth water just thinking about it 🙂

Annie // Annie N Belle

17. Alicia says:

This is a solid list. I absolutely love farmers markets so I might steal this idea from you 🙂 Also, a weekend getaway sounds fab. Can’t wait to see your progress on Insta!

xo, Alicia | Alicia Tenise

18. I WISH I was close enough to go to Bryant park over the summer for all the movies. I would love to see footloose!

19. Sarah says:

Taking a cooking class has been on my list!

x Sarah