By Theresa Braun
- Shop the Everlane Silk Dress. I had been in search of an easy, comfortable dress to add to my summer wardrobe, and then one of my favorite brands launched the answer to my prayers. The Silk Dress comes in two cuts (and I might just have to buy both).
- Watch Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” music video. She has been teasing the celebrity cast via Instagram for days, and the suspense is killing me! Luckily, we don’t have to wait much longer; the video premiers May 17 during the Billboard Music Awards.
- Find the perfect pair of sunglasses. I recently fell hard for these mint blue & Other Stories shades. (Here’s a guide for figuring out the right frame for your face shape.)
- Land your first job out of college. Congrats to all of you grads! (And welcome to the real world.) If you’re looking for pointers, read through Elana’s career advice.
- Read a book in the park. Now that the weather is finally agreeable, you can grab a fresh paperback and spend a sunny afternoon devouring it. My recommendations: Just Kids and The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
- See Pitch Perfect 2. The Barden Bellas are back May 15.
- Start a side project. Having a creative outlet is a great way to learn, grow, and keep life interesting. Plus, you never know when your “side hustle” could turn into a full-time job.
- Make cocktail popsicles. I’ve been promising to make these for years (and there’s a never-used IKEA popsicle mold sitting in a kitchen cabinet to prove it), but now it’s really going to happen. Here are a few delicious recipes.
- Try a new hair style. Whether you want to experiment with messy waves or the latest color trend, this is the time to mix things up.
- Take a Memorial Day weekend getaway. Check out these city guides for a bit of travel inspiration.
Theresa Braun: By day, I work as a content strategist, editor, and freelance writer. By night, I write narrative essays and short fiction. At any time, I can be found scrawling poems along coffee cups and advocating for the Oxford comma. Home is New York, but I am currently on sabbatical in Paris.