I think that it will be fun to look back on my favorite things each year so, without further ado, here are ten of my favorite things this year.
1. Friends: I am so lucky to have such amazing friends. I have a great group of friends from college in NYC and around the country. I also have friends from high school, work, and other friends I’ve made since graduating. Every New Year’s Eve my little from my sorority and I used to throw a New Year’s Eve party at my house. Luckily, I’m still friends with everyone. I had such a great time with friends this year and one of the highlights was definitely connecting with friends at George Washington University’s GW Alumni Weekend.
2. Family: I’m so fortunate to have such a wonderful and supportive family. I feel so grateful for them.
3. Blogging: I love blogging. It gives me a space to write, reflect, and connect with people. I think that my blog has really grown in the last year and I’m happy about the direction it is going in. Upwards and onwards!
4. Work: I absolutely love my job. I love what I do and the people I work with. I work with such talented, nice, and supportive people who I am lucky to call friends and colleagues.
5. Writing: I write for my blog, work, and other publications. Writing for other publications has forced me to write consistently and improve my writing. I’m thrilled to write for some great publications!
6. Networking: I joined two new networking groups this year, The NYC Lady Project and City Society. I’ve also been going to more events on my own. I’ve met such amazing people and have even interviewed quite a few of them for career profiles.
7. Roommates: I live with my best friend from high school and her standard poodle, Camille. I love our apartment and it is so nice to live with one of my closest friends. I love catching up when we get home, having movie nights, cooking, and taking Camille on long walks in the park. I also loved decorating my room. (I’ll be sharing more room photos soon!)
8. NYC: I grew up in NYC so of course I’ve always loved it but my seasonal to-do lists have forced me to explore more. I love taking advantage of everything NYC has to offer.
9. Photography: My newest hobby is photography. I love taking pictures in Central Park, around NYC, and on vacation. I’m currently taking them on my iPhone, but I think I might upgrade to a nice camera in 2015.
10. Cooking: I always wanted to be someone who enjoys cooking so this year I decided to start. I may not be the best cook yet, but I’ve been enjoying trying new recipes and cooking for friends and family. I will definitely keep up this hobby in 2015!
Here’s to a happy and healthy New Year!
*Room photos by Lydia Hudgens!