This gingerbread granola recipe is amazing. It will make your house smell like Christmas and it tastes so good! I made it to give to friends as a homemade edible holiday gift but I may have to make another batch because I can’t stop eating it. It is so good and so easy to make. You only need 10 ingredients. Luckily, I already had them on hand from my gingerbread cookie recipe. It’s also vegan and gluten free.
10-ingredient, 30-minute gingerbread granola, sweetened with molasses and tossed with cinnamon, ginger and cloves for that perfect gingerbread flavor.
Gingerbread Granola Recipe Ingredients:
3 1/4 cups rolled oats (GF for gluten free eaters)
1 3/4 cups raw nuts (I used almonds, pecans and a few walnuts)
3 Tbsp organic cane sugar (or sub extra molasses or maple syrup mixed in with wet ingredients)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
pinch ground cloves (optional)
1/4 cup coconut or olive oil
1/3 cup maple syrup (sub agave, or honey if not vegan)
2 Tbsp molasses
(optional) 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over medium low heat, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto a a large baking sheet and bake for 18–22 minutes, stirring near the halfway point to ensure even cooking. The coconut oil will help this granola crisp up nicely, but be sure to watch it carefully as it browns quickly.
5. Once the granola is visibly browned (about 19 minutes for me), remove from the oven and let cool completely on the pan before storing.
6. Keep in a container that has an air-tight seal and it should keep for a few weeks.
Recipe from Minimalist Baker’s recipe.